PG Cert Clinical Ultrasound
Diploma of Clinical Hypnosis
sAHPRA number : MED 0000938800
Medical Indemnity: Berkshire Hathaway
Policy No: 47-MED-000679-04
Dr. Mark Freedman graduated M.B.BCh. from the University of the Witwatersrand (South Africa) in 1977. He served in the South African Defense Force Medical Corps, attaining the rank of Captain. He was awarded the Horace Wells Prize in Anaesthesia, became a member of the Surgical Research society and was awarded the Diploma in Anaesthesia in 1981. He was admitted as a fellow of faculty of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care of the South African College of Medicine in 1984.
Consultant in Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia at Johannesburg Hospital. Private practice in Johannesburg 1986
- 1994, with extensive experience in Neurosurgery, Thoracic surgery, Opthalmic surgery, Orthopaedics and Urological Surgery.
He has held positions as a Senior Anaesthetic Consultant at Western General Hospital Melbourne 1995 - 1996, and Maroondah Hospital 1996-2000. Senior Specialist Box Hill Hospital 1996 - 2018, Peter Macullum Cancer Institute 1997 - 1999 and Senior Consultant Monash Medical Centre 2005-2007. Private practice in association with Northern Anaesthetic Group 1996 - 2021. Undertook Sabbatical Leave during 2010 to successfully complete a Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Ultrasound at Melbourne University. He has previously sat on the Medical Advisory Committee of Latrobe University Hospital Medical Centre and acted as the Anaesthetic representative on the John Fawkner Private Hospital Medical Advisory Committee.
Accredited to private practice at Mitcham, Ringwood, Knox, John Fawkner, Latrobe, Warringal, Essendon , Masada, Holmesglen Private Hospital, Epworth, Freemasons, Mercy, St Vincents, Melbourne Private, Northpark, Vaucluse, Waverley, and Mulgrave Private Hospital amongst others.
Current fields of Interest: Orthopaedic Surgery with particular emphasis on regional anaesthetic techniques.
Vascular Surgery, General Surgery, Gynecological Surgery and outpatient anaesthesia. Pain management with particular interest in back pain.
The use of Ultrasound guidance in the performance of peripheral nerve blocks and vascular access.
1. A new indicator dilution method for the estimation of surgical blood loss.
ANAESTHESIA. 1984, Vol 39, 826-831
2. Blood Loss Measurement during Transurethral Resection of the Prostate Gland.
British Journal of Urology. 1985, 57, 311-316.
3. The treatment of resistant hypotension with Ornipressin. SAMJ, Vol 67, 5 Jan 1985, 29 - 31.
4. Midazolam for the induction of anaesthesia in patients with porphyria.
SAMJ, Vol 68, 17 August 1985.
5. A comparison of Buprenorphin and Pentazocine for the relief of postopertative pain. SAMJ, Vol 69, Jan 1986, 27 - 28.
6. Who nose where it was? - An unusual case of airway obstruction. SAMJ, Vol 69, 1 March 1986.
7. Correspondence - in answer to P.J. Vosloo. - SAMJ, Vol 69 , 24 May 1986.
8. Propofol intravenous anaesthesia for neurosurgery - SAMJ , Vol 74, 2 July 1988.
9. Retreat behind medical xenophobia - Australian Medicine, 17 February, 1997.
10. Ultrasound and the Anaesthetist -Quo Vadis?. Anaesthetic Life, Nov/Dec 2011,26-31.
Medical Accounting microcomputer software for medical practitioners - Sleep Angel Software
Novel - MAMZER - Janus Publishers - London 1996 and eBook " Branded"
Non Fiction: Open Your Eyes - Genesis and the Origin of Space-Time - Targum Press 2015 - eBooks published under pseudonym Melach Freedman
Please settle your Anaesthetic Account by Credit Card or EFT by clicking on the link below
DR MARK FREEDMAN
MB.BCh. DA(SA) FFA(SA)
Sleep Angel Software